Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Joys of Easter

Easter was amazing this year. We created a lot of special memories that we will cherish forever. We also took a million pictures. What tells a story better than pictures?! I put them into collages to reduce the scrolling. :) Enjoy!
Our Easter Story 2009...


On the Friday before Easter we colored eggs and we all had a blast! I made Peanut Butter Popcorn and my parents brought a million fun things to decorate eggs with!
Nicci actually understood the whole Easter Bunny concept this year! It was a lot of fun. When we went to see the Easter Bunny at the mall she ran right up to him all by herself. I almost cried she was such a big girl!! We colored eggs on Friday night and then left a note for the Easter Bunny asking him to come on Saturday morning because Sunday morning we would be at church thinking about Jesus. Sure enough, the Easter Bunny got our letter!! All night Nicci kept telling us she "heard" the Easter Bunny coming! It was so fun.
When Nicci came downstairs and saw that the Easter Bunny had dropped some candy on the floor she looked up at me and said, "Oh no Mommy, Easter Bunny made a mess!" haha. It was awesome.

*EASTER SUNDAY*
Be prepared to drop dead {drum role please} I cooked our entire Easter Dinner, all by myself. :) We had Easter Dinner with my parents, it was so much fun! ...Honey Baked Ham & Turkey (thank you Mom & Dad!), Scalloped Potatoes, seasoned Corn, Spinach Salad with Strawberries and roasted Almonds, Rolls, Orange Glazed Beets, Chocolate Covered Strawberries and Apples. And Ice Cream and Sorbet for dessert. Seth was so excited i was cooking he couldn't stop breaking out into song. :)
Nicci had A LOT of fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa...and WAY too much candy! :)

We had such a special Easter with so many fun family memories. It was particularly special to watch Nicci have so much fun with the Easter Bunny but THEN to hear her tell us what Easter was all about right before our Easter dinner. In her words: "Easter bout Jesus, not Easter Bunny. Jesus was resrected for me. I love Easter. I Love Jesus, He's my friend." ( {tear} she does listen to us!! ) We are so thankful for our Savior and for all the sacrifices He made for us so that we could be with Him and our special family forever.

Happy Easter 2009

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Thanks! I was thinking the same thing about your darling family! SO PRETTY!

I was also wondering where you got your Easter dress. I love it!

lacie tidwell said...

Awwwww.....she is SUCH a big girl!! what a fun wonderful Easter- you guys are so cute....and we love you to BITS (seriosuly, you are wonderful, what would I do without you?) I LOVE you! So, isn't it neat how Nicci is learning so much so fast? It's amazing, this age, it's sooooo fun!

Amber and David said...

So fun! Can you believe how fast they grow up??? She is such a cutie pie! And can I just say that I've been cooking since before we were married and I have still yet to cook a ham or a turkey, so you go girl! I love your dress! Gorgeous! Mind sharing where you got it? =)

Becca said...

Oh, I love the pictures!! You did so good on your collages!! You guys have such a beautiful family!! Good job on the Easter Dinner....I've only done that once... very fun and I'm totally impressed. Oh you have to check out our blog and see the new addition to our family. I'm excited to hear what you think! Love you!

Brandi Lyn said...

Oh no Amber! I didn't make the ham & turkey, my parents brought it! I made everything else though. :) Someday maybe though I'll attempt it. My parents got me that dress at Dillard's. They did an amazing job huh? Thank you so much you guys!

Unknown said...

Brandi, beautiful family!! and I am so proud you made everything by yourself no more microwave pasta roni! lol jk Love ya!

Julie said...

Fun pictures! Nicci is so dang cute, I'm dying and the things that she says. haha what a cutie! Hope to see you soon!!!

Emily Rasmussen said...

cute pics! and Happy belated Easter! :O)Nicci's dress is so cute, what a doll!

Aly Porter said...

What a cute little family :) We miss you guys! We need to come visit you sometime. We are moving to Logan for the next couple of years. You could come visit us too maybe! Sometime this summer? At least let me know when you guys come to Salt Lake or Provo. I know that Nicci and Kyrah would have a blast. Kyrah LOVES LOVES LOVES little kids. It's hilarious! Loves! Call me!