Friday, May 16, 2008

"Happy Home Mommy!"

Lately we've realized that we have a little Parrot among us! Nicci is speaking almost full sentences now and is copying everything we say...it's actually really cute. She has really exploded in the personality department and has become quite the little comedian. Not only that, (not to be a ridiculously annoying proud mommy!) but she has outdone herself in the smarty pants department as well! :) The other day she took apart her Russian Doll and then put it back together all by herself. We took a video of her doing it and captured a little bit of her comical side as well. She's hilarious. Last night i said, "Nicci where do you live??" (and then i told her to say 'Happy Home') For the rest of the night she walked around saying, "Say Happy Home Ninny...Say Happy Home Ninny" almost in a mocking tone! (Ninny is what she calls herself) So this morning when i went in her room to get her she said, "Happy Home Mommy!!" I laughed until i thought i would die; i couldn't believe that she had remembered. It's such an incredible feeling when i say, "Where do you live" and i hear her respond, "Happy Home Mommy!" My mom taught me that when i was her age and i've always looked forward to teaching my child that someday. I really really love being a mom- more than i can express in words; it is seriously the very best job in the entire world! Somedays it's very hard, and other days kinda draining, BUT all-in-all it is certainly the funnest, most rewarding and exciting job anyone could ever have! I LOVE IT!!

We are in the process of landscaping our backyard and so while Seth & i were outside Nicci found one of my hair accessories, put it on, and then went on a search for 'The Rock That Would Change Her Life'...and here's a picture of the magic rock she found!! LOL. I'm telling you, this girl is hilarious. :)


Here's Ninny putting her Russian Doll back together all by herself.
(You might have to turn off the music to hear how hilarious this girl is)


"Don't be a scrub! Rise to the high ground of spiritual, mental, and physical excellence. You can do it. You may not be a genius. You may be lacking in some skills. But so many of us can do better than we are now doing...We are people with a present and with a future. Don't muff your opportunities. Be excellent."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

23 comments:

The Calvert Family said...

She is so flippin sute. Howold is she, because she looks about the same age as Ethnie. They are so fun at this age. I love it.

Lindsay said...

She is so cute and funny, just like her mommy! I totally remember having a Russian doll when I was little, and taking it apart and putting it back together all the time! What a smart girl! It's amazing the things that they remember!

Cassandra Laine said...

You inspire me and make me even more excited to be a mommy!!! ;) Nicci is so special ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love my girls! You are an amazing mother my Brandi Lyn. :)

Jamie Simms said...

How cute!! What a smart little girl! I so wish our little girls could play together. They would be such a riot!!

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny what you find amusing after you have kids!

Ashley Clark said...

I love kids. I want one. Especially if he/she is as cute as Nicci. Ok, maybe I'm analyzing this too much, but I love how she looks for the right size up to put the doll in, doesn't get it right, and then tries again. That has to be some developmental marker, right? She is very smart. :-)

amber belmonte said...

love this! super cute!

Kirsten said...

Ok...I had to comment on this one. She is adorable!! Your videos with her in it are too cute. What a smart, sweet girl. I LOVE the picture of her with your hair thing on. So cute. I can't believe her birthday is coming up. She is growing up so fast! I want you guys to come a visit us!!

MY LITTLE DANTIES said...

I LOVE THAT VIDEO SHE IS SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!! HER SPUNKY PERSONALITY REMINDS ME SO MUCH OF YOU AND SETH. SHE IS ALWAYS SO FULL OF ENERGY. I DONT THINK I EVER SAW YOU OR SETH SITTING DOWN. YOU WERE ALWAYS JUMPING AROUND MAKING JOKES AND LAUGHING! YOU ARE RAISING A WONDERFUL LITTLE GIRL. ITS SOMETHING SPECIAL TO HAVE YOUR LITTLE GIRL WAKE UP AND KNOW SHE IS LOVED BY THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN HER LIFE!!!! SAPPY I KNOW BUT I JUST LOVE YA MAN AND AM SO PROUD OF WHAT WE HAVE BECOME AS MOMS

Amber and David said...

She is so cute Brandi! I have to agree with you, being a mom is the absolute best job in the entire world, hard but oh so worth it! I love the happy home thing. Maybe I'll teach Sadie to say that when she starts talking!

Unknown said...

She is getting so big! and growing up to be an amazing girl taking after her mother. =)

Aly Porter said...

OK I am commenting now...sorry it took so long! By the way that video and pictures are soooo adorable! You are such a cute little family! I can't wait til Ry and I get to do the same thing! I love you! (PS-COngrats on the bunny! Soooo cute! :D)

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Nicci!!!! You are such a beautiful girl!!! We love you and hope you have a wonderful day!!! Love Uncle LeGrand, Aunt Becca, Brayden, Adelyn, Sophie and Kolby!!!

Kirsten said...

Looks like we had the same idea! Happy Birthday Nicole! We thought about you all weekend. You are growing up so cute and we hope your birthday was super fun!! We love you!
Love, Your Ohio Family! ;-)

Ellie said...

don't you LOVE what kids come up with when they start talking. thanks again for helping us out in church yesterday it was a huge lifesaver. i have never done 2 kids on my own in sacrament...now i know why. we really need to get together and do a BBQ or something. maybe this week. i will call you!

Unknown said...

wow!! that's pretty awesome!! you guys are so awesome!!

i thought i'd let you know too that you're map doesn't update that well with its stars... cuz there aren't any in russia... and this blog IS being viewed over in russia. :)

Pamela Williams said...

update update update!

:-)

Sammy said...

Hey where have you been?
Post or atleast call me!

Tori said...

Hay girl, i wanted you to know, i just started a new blog for Matt and I it is www.mattandtorijohnson.blogspot.com, have fun!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

Umm-adorable! Haha, that is so cute that she could put that together!

Jensen Family said...

If you don't update your blog soon so help me....

Erica said...

What a CUTE family! Nicci is so adorable! I love the saying you taught her! Love your hair- too! Congrats on your callings- you'll be GREAT!!