Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Dearest Mother

So i know everyone thinks they have the best mom in the entire world...but the truth is that I have the best, most wonderful mom in the ENTIRE world. :) Mother's Day was so amazing. I love having a specific day to dedicate to the most amazing woman i know. The day started out terrific....breakfast in bed! Seth made me french toast, eggs, bacon, and orange juice. It was so Y.U.M.M.Y. He was so incredible all day, he made sure i didn't lift a finger! He even made me breakfast all over again at 1:00am before i fell asleep. (Have i mentioned how much i dearly love my husband??) We then went to church with my parents and it was SO WONDERFUL!! The most amazing talks were given in Sacrament meeting (great job Ash!) and our Relief Society lesson was so special (wonderful job Stacie!) Being able to sit next to my mom during all the meetings was such a special treat...going to a new ward since we moved just isn't the same without her. Later that night we spent some real special time together and had some tender special moments. I love my mom so much. She really is the most incredible woman i know. My mom has a special love for everyone that most people can't understand. She is honest in literally everything she does. If a cashier gave her 2 extra cents in change she'd immediately go back to the store come rain, snow, or wind...she'd return it. She has an incredible passion for the gospel and puts our Savior first in everything she does. She is the most obedient individual i've ever met. She puts EVERYONE before herself. I can't remember the last time she bought anything just for her. My mom is pure in heart and never judges anyone. I talk to my mom everyday...we'll even watch movies together over the phone. :) She's my very best friend. She loves my husband so much and shows it in the way she treats him. Seth can talk to her for hours about UPS and she'll still be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the end. (I have to admit, i have fallen asleep on occasion when "UPS Stats" comes up...but NEVER has my mom!) My mom is a perfect Grandmother. She loves her grandkids with everything she has. Nicci's favorite person in the whole world is my mom. She calls her "Mama" and Seth & i joke that Nicci actually thinks my mom IS HER mom. lol. The joy that my mom can bring into a room just with her smile is absolutely incredible. She brings light and love everywhere she goes, & it's because she carries her Savior with her in her heart. I think she spends more time on her knees than she does on her feet. I could never ask for a more righteous amazing woman for my mother. I just hope and pray that i can be half the mother and woman she is. She's perfect, she's strong, she's my hero, she's obedient, she's loyal, she's fun, she's a healer, she's a comforter, she's my best friend, she's my angel...she's MY MOM!

I love you, i love you more, i love you more the mostest mom!

9 comments:

Stacie said...

Thanks, Brandi, it was so much fun to see you again and feed your daughter cookies!!

Shelise said...

Its so great to read about other peoples mothers. Isnt it funny how much we come to appreciate them? Glad you had a great mothers day.

Anonymous said...

Honey this is beautiful. What would we do without Mom?? She is such a special pure hearted person. Mom is so sweet to always listen to my UPS facts and to make sure I'm fed. ;) I feel so blessed to have married into such a wonderful family. I love you (and Mom) so much.

Happy Mother's Day.

Sammy said...

What a great post! Moms are the best. Your mom is great I know just from hearing about her. And I know she's probably reading this so I can just say "I think you're great - I can't wait to meet you!"
I wont be back in TX until the 28th so I'll miss you just barely. But we will get together sometime soon!

Unknown said...

There sure is. Use the 'google reader'. It's fantastic. Then you don't have to click back and forth on all your links. You'll never go back

thegatewoodfamily said...

Happy late mother's day! As I was reading your post it rally made me think about how greatful I am for my mom too. Isn't it crazy that at times in your life you couldn't stand your parents and now you cant stand the thought of not having your parents in your life. Hope all is going well for you and your family!

Ashley Clark said...

I think once I have kids, I need to live close to my mom. I love all of your 3-generation pictures!

stout family said...

Thanks for the shout out! On a different note, what a beautiful tribute to your mother! She must be so proud to call you her daughter!

Brandi Lyn said...

I'm even MORE proud to call her my mother! :)