Thursday, October 4, 2007

Potty Training 101

Well, we have definitely hit the pinnacle of parenthood thus far, after our monument-
al "Walmart Experience! SO ...we were at walmart as a family the other night (Nicci jabbering in the cart and Seth and I looking at all the make-up removers), and all of a sudden we hear this water sound...like water being spilled on the floor. We looked at each other as we looked for the source of the sound...and then Seth gasped! As I looked at the awful sight he was gaping at, I found myself torn between humiliation and uncontrollable laughter. There sat our adorable little girl PULLING her diaper over far enough so that she could pee freely right thru her sleeper! Our daughter was peeing on the floor of Walmart through her sleeper and the cart! WOW. We both laughed so hard (as we could NOT control it for the LIFE of us) that Nicci started to CLAP for herself...we could NOT believe our eyes. We kept looking at the floor and up at her and back at each other as both of us almost in unison set out for a dead run. We found a store worker and told her that there was a clean up on aisle 9!! And before we checked out in a very quick hurry, we dried our tears of laughter and picked out a cute 'Dora the Explorer' potty for Nicole. Yes that's right, it has come time to start introducing the concept of a potty and it's purposes to sweet little Nicci!

"I've GOT this mommy..."

10 comments:

Lindzie said...

Wow! I have to say that is pretty good! Hopefully, the poor walmart worker who cleaned it up found it just as funny...

Aly Porter said...

No way! When did this happen? YEsterday? Oh my gosh that is sooo amazingly cute! I can't believe it! Nicci already ready for the potty?!?! She wastes no time that's for sure! Haha! Awww...when do we get to see you guys??? we are going down to Utah this weekend and next weekend too! I really wanna still come to vegas though...mmm...well I hope we can see you guys soon!

Jenna said...

That is hilarious! She'll catch on fast I'm sure...who wouldn't with that awesome potty!

MY LITTLE DANTIES said...

that is so stinkin funny!! i dont think i have laughed that hard in soooo long. wow. usually you expect that from little boys. seth what are you teaching your little princess? running out of walmart laughing sounds like something we would have done in the good ole days brand! i cant wait to meet your little nicci.

Sherrelle said...

That is hilarious!!! Anyhow on the slideshow I did it just like you do for myspace but when you go to get the code you can get more options for blogger and then I just cut and pasted the code into my post either before my post or after... Hopefully that helps out, I haven't had any problems thus far but I am definitely not as good as others at this whole blogging thing.

We are... said...

That is ABSOLUTELY THE MOST hilarious thing I have ever heard!! I was seriously convulsing as I read it. Congratulate her for me for getting her point across in a clear and effective manner...

Kirsten said...

Oh I know what experiences like this are like, all to well...only I was the one that had to clean them up in public!!!! If you get her potty trained this early, you have an incredibly smart girl!! :) Good luck and keep posting the pictures. It is so fun to see Nicole growing up.

Ashley Clark said...

That's too funny! Years from now, that will be a great blackmail story.

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Hi Seth (this is Jen Spooner). Your family is darling! And congratulations on the new potty, too. Tell your family hello :)

Molly said...

Hi Brandi!!! I found your page off of Julina's page! I can't believe you have such a beautiful baby already! Your story and pictures of her surgeries made me get all choked up! Visit my page at snydertopia.blogspot.com

Love,
Molly Snyder (Hammons)