Sunday, February 10, 2008

What a Beautiful Life

This weekend has been so spiritually filling it's hard to find words to express all that i'm feeling. On Friday night we went to the temple with my parents and it was such an amazing experience! The session we were attempting to make was absolutely full so we had the opportunity to sit in the chapel and meditate for a while as we waited for a later one. It was such a special and sacred experience for me for many reasons that are personal, but my testimony of temple work and family has been strengthened beyond description. The next morning was the 1st Presidency's Leadership Training. (We were thinking about not even going because we were so tired, but Mom & Dad said they'd take us to lunch if we went and were on time ~ so with no hesitation we were there with bells on our toes!...and let me just say, we should have taken THEM out to eat out of gratitude for encouraging us to indulge in such a special expereince!) Can i just say, "WOW." I just loved how Elder Holland made the analogy with the "pattern". It was a great comfort to me to be reminded that we aren't expected to be perfect...only expected to strive to be perfect by working with our Father in Heaven through all of our challenges. There was such inspired council given at this meeting, it was so incredible. One of the challenges we have taken upon ourselves is to create a 'climate' within our home where our family can grow. I could go on and on about everything we learned and felt, but to sum it all up, the greatest thing we took from the meeting was: "Walk by faith and the way will be opened up"...how true and how inspired this is. We have experienced this very thing during the past 2 months, and have grown immensely through it all. The last thing that really touched us in the meeting was this quote, "Love is what you go through together". That completely sums it up for us. Since we've been married we've had a couple trials that have really tested our faith and strength, BUT now as we look back on them we see how those trials have made us stronger...closer...and has really defined our 'love' not only for each other, but for our Savior.
Today was truly the icing on the cake! :) Church was amazing. Nicci did awesome in nursery and didn't cry once! After church she ran into the Relief Society room carrying the cutest little heart she had made in class and handed it to me! She made me a Valentine!! It was the FIRST craft she's ever made and it literally melted my heart. She's growing up so fast, i don't want to blink for a second for fear i'll miss something. :) When we came home we went out and sat in the hammock as a family...and WOW was it fun! Nicci absolutely loves swinging and looking at the trees. I love my family, so much. This weekend has been remarkable. So enriching, powerful, and spiritually fulfilling. I'm so thankful for this gospel that brings peace and guidance to our lives as we strive to become 'perfect', like our brother, so we can return to our Father someday.

"Love is What We Go Through Together"
I love them so much.

7 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

You DO have an amazing family. And I'm so glad you're having so many spiritual experiences. It must be wonderful to be so close to your parents. I miss mine. :)

The Kyles said...

You daughter is so cute! I'm glad you had such a wonderful and spiritual weekend!!

David and Maggi said...

Thanks for the spiritual buster. I've been pretty low on spiritual fuel lately and your post really helped. Love you!

BrittWilk said...

I loved the broadcast too. It really was amazing!

Nicci's picture smile is so stinkin' cute with her little teeth!! I just want to squish her little cheeks! We'll be in Vegas this summer most likely so we'll have to get together so I can! :)

AnnEE said...

Isn't it great how much we love our little families???? I love Nicci's outfit- so cute!

David and Maggi said...

haha - I meant spiritual booster not buster :)

Jensen Family said...

She is getting so big!!! I love her hair! We miss you guys!