Monday, April 14, 2008

Sorry It's Taken Me So Long...

I have received more than 15 emails/comments from friends and family wanting to see pictures of our home...so here ya go! There's a bunch, but now at least you can't say i didn't give you a small visual of where our cute little family lives. :) The adorable picture to the left are the two studly men that painted our entire house! (Dan, Amanda, & i helped too but i got voted off the island because i made lines...whatever...) They pulled many all-nighters together and while Seth was at work Jeff went out to the house and single handedly painted for many many hours. (We couldn't have done it without you Jeff! Thank you so much!!) Here are some pictures...we have kind of started decorating and the house is pretty darn empty, (we've only been here for 2 weeks!) but everyday it feels a little more like home. :)

~Our Home~
(we will be pulling out that ugly dead tree and replacing it with a floofy green one this week! yea! :)


~Living Room~










~Kitchen~


~Family Room~


And THIS is what happens when we say the word 'NAP'!


Nicci's
PINK room! We haven't hung anything up yet, but she loves the pink walls! :)










Our strip view right outside our bedroom door.


Nicci
loves to play on the balcony off of our bedroom!


Isn't she absolutely beautiful??

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around and shouting that he has been robbed. The fact of the matter is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

- Gordon B. Hinckley

26 comments:

Shelise said...

IT IS BEAUTIFUL. I seriously love it. I am so glad you painted Nicci's room pink. Its such a great color. We painted our whole house when we bought it too. It just makes it feel more like OUR home (we did a whole lot more than that too, but honestly its too much to mention). Even though all the decorating isnt done, like you said, its amazing how much cozier the pictures feel with objects in the house instead of just having it bare. Thanks for posting.

Janssen said...

Looks so cute! I'm dreading ever moving again because it took forever to paint our house and our house is TINY!

I am totally jealous of your gorgeous kitchen.

Jensen Family said...

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful...but why were no pictures posted of our room? It's ok if you forgot, this time! Seriously though- I love it...I will give you 5,000 dollars for it, what do ya say?

David and Maggi said...

Yeay, isn't if fun buying your first home. It just gets better and better as you get settled in. I love the Hinkley quote...and I totally needed to hear it. Your blog is like my daily lifter upper. Congratulations! Love you guys!

Cyndi said...

I love it love it love it. Congrats on the new place. How exciting for you. By the way Brent was cracking up about you getting attacked by the same peacock. He thought that was a pretty funny story! Well congrats again.

The Kyles said...

I love your house!!! It takes time to decorate and get furniture and stuff, at least that is what I've heard! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing great, Nicci looks beautiful and so big!!! :D

Cynthia said...

Yeah I love seeing your new house. That is so exciting. It looks beautiful! Your daughter looks so sweet. We really need to get the girls together. Do you work?

Erica said...

Nicci is so cute! I love the NAP picture! How funny. LOVE the house! I want a picture of the strip lit up at night- I'm jealous of that view! How nice!

tracie said...

Your house looks great. No worries on it being empty. We've lived in ours for over a year and there are still empty rooms!

AnnEE said...

Wow!! It's so nice!!! I'm so glad you posted updates!!

Sammy said...

Beautiful house & I LOVE your balcony!

Taralee said...

Oh my gosh, your house is AWESOME!!! How fun and it's so nice to paint it! I know I don't know you a ton, but reading your "bad day" post, you're an amazing lady (or girl as I call myself haha!). Thanks for reminding me of the important things!!!!

Ashley Clark said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! Will be you planting a garden?

Beth said...

Such a beautiful house! Please post as you decorate so I can be jealous of your good taste and winning decor!

Brandi Lyn said...

HA HA HA Ashley. You're so funny. A garden? My mom & my husband are still trying to figure out how to trick me into cooking! I think gardening would come AFTER that. :) Don't get me wrong though, i would LOVE to have a garden. I would love to plant my own sea of daisies AND plant Tomatoes...mmm. I WILL plant Tomatoes someday. :)

Ashley Clark said...

Ok. I was totally kidding about giving birth in the bath tub. Yuck! I just had to say something "out there" because everyone was agreeing with Anne. I thought I would mix things up a little!

Brandi Lyn said...

Totally agree. Birth in a bathtub is one big YUCK.

The Foote Family said...

I LOVE your house! Especially the kitchen. It is beautiful. We've been house hunting lately too, hopefully we'll be moving soon and going through the same stuff as you guys---cleaning, painting, trying to slowly decorate, etc. Isn't it exciting to be all grown up? I think buying a house is like one of the final steps to feeling adult-ish. haha!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

Love your house! Your kitchen is amazing-Congratulations!

Lindsey

Unknown said...

Thanks! Your home looks lovely, it's making me excited! sorry about your phone, what a nightmare!

You little girl is a doll!!!

Becca said...

I love your home. How fun!! Nicci is so beautiful. We are so happy for you guys!! Oh I love the President Hinckley quote! You are so insperational. We love you guys!

Careen said...

It's beautiful. Congratulations. Maybe someday I will visit Las Vegas and I can come visit your beautiful home. And meet your beautiful girl!

Sammy said...

I had a dream last night I was at your new house... for a baby shower. I think it was for you. I don't remember anything else. I think it's a sign I've checked your blog one too many times and seen the picture of Jeff & Seth LOL!

monica said...

Your website is lovely and so is your sweet girl. I had no idea about her major surgery at such a young age. I would have never known just looking at her now. What a blessing that you listened to your maternal instinct and got a 2nd opinion and also that you have such amazing parents who supported you through it all. They are wonderful.
I noticed in your profile that you like photography? Is that a hobby of yours or do you enjoy other people's work or both?

Pamela Williams said...

"floofy" ha ha. very cute home, love nicci's room...least you have ROOM for a garden! me, beth and alex have a 5'x5'' balcony and NO YARD. one day :-)

Cassandra Laine said...

I love your home its so perfect and totally has such a "special feeling" there! ;) and I totally love that you had us walk through your bedroom at 1 am past your sleeping husband just to see that AMAZING VIEW of the strip at night! haha, i knew then and there that we'd become fast friends! ps everyone else that I've shown your blog loves your home too! You have excellent taste!! Tell Åmanda hi from us! ciao!