Monday, April 21, 2008

Unexpected Amazingness & Improvements!

My cousin Aly called me a couple weeks ago and asked me if her and her husband and some friends could stay with us for a couple days on their way back from Disneyland. Now i went through all the emotions of stress, happiness, frustration, and jealousy- i LOVE Disneyland! :) because we had only been in our house for a little under 2 weeks and we hardly had any furniture or anything set up ready for company. A couple days prior to their arrival Seth & i picked out an incredible Love Sac ("The Big One") and it was suppose to arrive a couple days after our guests would come. The next day i was just browsing around RC Willey when i found an AMAZING bedroom set for half price (thank heaven for blowout sales), the perfect couch, and a coffee table with a matching end table. I called Seth & told him about everything i had found and he told me to get it!! He hadn't even SEEN any of it, but he apparently trusted my judgement...and lets FACE it, a $3500 bedroom set for $1400 - and a $1400 couch for $499 doesn't come around everyday. SO, i did it. I got it all! We were very excited, and it ended up coming the day after our company arrived. NOW you might be thinking the "unexpected amazingness" is the great deal we received on our furniture...BUT it's NOT. The unexpected amazingness was the company we received. My cousin Aly & her hubby Ryan were a blast, and the couple they brought with them will forever remain our dear friends! I mean, i had no idea that such special people would be gracing our home! Not only did we hit it off right away and NEVER ran out of anything to talk about, but they helped me out so so much. Seth was working a lot and was not home for our entire load of furniture to be delivered, but the two boys, Jake & Ryan, put smiles on their faces and moved furniture, helped me set up furniture, ran errands with me, and MUCH more. Even after Seth got home they helped us with "Operation Mattress" and "Beating the Sac"! (Pictures and explanations are below :) All in all, our company was a blast and such a great blessing to us. We spent time with four individuals this weekend that made us better people and who we will love and cherish for the rest of our lives.

We love you Aly, Ry, Cassie & Jake!!



Here we are at our incredible dinner at Red Robin! We were the last ones out, we had so much fun. (Ryan your face is priceless) ;)







Ryan & Nicci had a good ol' Lemon eating time at dinner!











The two proud soon-to-be Papa's!! They were so cute with Nicci, they're going to make great fathers!


My beautiful cousin looks so great pregnant! I love her.
This picture is for my wonderful parents. They were in Seattle for a week and i was missing them pretty bad, and when we walked out of Red Robin i smelled Star Jasmine and thought of them. In their backyard they have a ton of Star Jasmine so the smell took me back home. :) I love you Mom & Dad!


~The GIRLS!~
(These two pregnant girls radiate like no other!)
and...

the BOYS!!
These three guys are all incredible husbands and fathers. I feel so blessed to know them.


---- OPERATION MATTRESS ----



We needed to get our gigantic King Mattress up the stairs...BUT...one small problem. It didn't fit. So what were we to do??

...




...Look towards the light??!

Nope! So when that didn't work we came up with a grand ol' plan!



Shimmy it up the balcony!! The boys tied rope around the mattress and handed it to Seth. He held it there until Jake & Ryan ran upstairs to help pull it over the railing. They were champs!!


Mission Accomplished!!!

We finally have our King sized mattress!! There's nothing that says love like sleeping 4 blissful feet away from your adorable husband! :) We are very excited.


---- BEATING THE SAC ----

And this is our FAVORITE piece of furniture! Our Love Sac...'The Big One'! The instructions we were given was to "beat our sac" until all the matter inside was broken up...SO WE DID!!
The first time we sat in our very own Love Sac. I love him. :)


---- GIRL/GUY TIME ----

The guys went golfing...
(this picture was taken right after they got back)

The girls got Pedicures!!


This was Nicci's first pedicure!!


Beautiful Beautiful Cassie!
Nicci got to put her feet on my hot towel and we got matching colors as well!









Me & my girl and our matching toes! She's the best thing that ever happened to us. I LOVE her.


---- IMPROVEMENTS ----

We worked on our front yard this weekend! Here's 'muscles' getting ready to pull out tree #1!
Planting new tree #1!!

(We named it our "Love Fern". We are fully aware that it's not a fern, however it's the first thing we've ever planted together, therefore, it's our 'love fern' :)


I didn't get pictures of the second tree getting ripped out but here is the final product!


Here are pictures of all the furniture i picked out all by myself!! Let's see how i did...

The beautiful king bedroom set...









The coffee table (the end table is hidden behind the couch) and the new clock.









We finally have a dining room table & family room furniture!












Here is Nicci's favorite part!!
I'm so very blessed to call these two incredible individuals my family.

"Great is your power for good. Marvelous are your talents and devotion. Tremendous is your faith and your love for the Lord, for His work, and for His sons and daughters. Continue to live the gospel. Magnify it before all of your associates. Your good works will carry more weight than any words you might speak."

"Stand A Little Taller," by President Gordon B. Hinckley

22 comments:

Ashley Clark said...

I LOVE your Prada purse. I love your cute shorts. I love the house, your kid, your cute family, and all of the amazing furniture. Way to go!!

Unknown said...

This is making me so excited to move I can't stand it. We are going house hunting next week!

Cassandra Laine said...

You three are just the most beautiful lil' family we have ever met!! We are seriously so blessed to have met you guys! wow. I am seriously teary-eyed right now! sniff sniff-- I never thought that there would be such a great reason to go to Vegas! ;) Thank you aly and ryan! hehe, you did SUCH a beautiful job documenting everything, I think I'm going to tell everyone to go to your blog for this part of the trip! haha I think that all the pictures are my favorites! I would totally call you right now but its like 1 am my time and I should sleep for school and I wouldn't want to wake Nicci!

Nicci is soooo adorably beautiful all on her own oh my goodness I can't believe how well she poses for pictures!! You'll have to teach me how to train our baby to do that too! I am so sorry that I haven't been the contact--I swear the week we came home morning sickness just came doubly worse! Great timing with the first week of school ha! and Jared's sickness! But it was soooo worth spending those few last extra days and hours with you guys!

You three rock! and your new trees look Fabulous!!! We have some great footage of Seth throwing Nicci onto the Love sac we'll have to get that to you soon!!

I walked my mom through your blog last night and now she's in love with you guys too! So impressive you three, we just love you! xoxoxo talk to you soon!! Like tomorrow I'll finally call you! I want to hear about your new ward and all that you guys are up too!! xoxox!

Cassandra Laine said...

I can't believe how much fun we had, I just looked through everything again I just had to comment one more time!! :D

Janssen said...

I cannot WAIT until we someday get a king size bed. It'll probably be a while, though. Alas.

Erica said...

Your house looks great!! Nice job on the bargain shopping. What a fun time you guys had!
Nicci is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love the new furniture! I love bargin deals thats how I got all our new stuff! The house is turning out adorable love it! Looks like you had a lot of fun witht hat love sac, if I ever get one I know who to call for help "beating it up"!! lol

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

That was so nice of you to let them stay at your house! We stayed with our friends at their parent's house in California last year, and we had fun getting to know them too! It's amazing how blessed we are, just by meeting new people and making new friends! Your new furniture is beautiful, and you're lucky to have found such a great deal! Cute pictures, as always! Your family is adorable!

Jensen Family said...

I love you comment about the mattress! Travis and I have a king also because he was sick and tired of getting about 2 inches to sleep on...I'm what people would call a bed hog! everything looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in person!

Shelise said...

What a fun time. The house looks great.

The Kyles said...

I love your house! It is so cute! And Aly looks so pretty, I'm glad you guys had an awesome weekend! I also love your furniture, and your purse! :D hahaha You guys look like you had tons of fun! :D

Aly Porter said...

Hello my dearest cousin! ;) I love you sooooo much! And your blog is amazing! We love you and always will! I am sooo glad that we are family! ;) Thanks again for being the best hosts ever! Seriously! I can't remember the last time that we all laughed so hard!

You definatley beat me on getting all of your pictures up--good for you! I am really going to try and get them up today...I am 1/2 done so I just need to do the last push and get them all up! Anyway, I love you! Hope you are feeling better! :) Give Nicci a kiss from me! Oh... and I love the "love fern" So cute! :)

Cynthia said...

Wow what a great life. I am loving the house I love to see everything you do it. It encourages me to get moving and do something. Your husband looks like such a sweet guy. A great husband and dad. I would love it if we could get together and have our families meet.

Stacie said...

Good shopping, Miss Brandi!! And I love the picture of Nicci flying through the air onto the bag! Did she hold still for her pedicure?

Brandi Lyn said...

Oh yeah! She splashed her feet in the water, and the entire time the lady was painting her toes she was saying, "pwetty toe! pwetty toe!" It was SO cute!

Matt and Laura Cutler said...

I LOVE reading your blog!! Nicole is sooooooooo flipping cute, and I love the pictures of Seth throwing her into the Love Sac. SOOO precious. I'm glad to READ that all is well!!!

Matt and Laura Cutler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sammy said...

You're the only person I know who has 18 comments on the same day she posted! Do you know how much you are loved???
Your house is looking amazing!!

stout family said...

I love that you are getting to put a home together... what fun!!! I am right there with you about the mattress! I love my husband a ton, but I need my space when I sleep! The furniture looks great!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

What a fun time! Congrats on the good deals :). Your house is beautiful and you are doing a great job decorating. I'm impressed with the trees!

-L

Jessica said...

I super impressed witht the matress shimmying. Your furniture looks awesome. We need to come over and see your house, it looks beautiful!