Sunday, November 11, 2007

Our Family Project!

The other night we decided we wanted to do a fun crafty project as a family, and thought that Mod Podging would be fun! So we went and got wooden letters that spelled out "Our Eternal Family" and painted all of the sides a pretty Burgundy color. Then we got scrapbook paper and 'Mod Podged' all different kinds of paper (hand made all shapes and sizes) randomly on top of all the letters! It was VERY fun to do this project all together as a family; Seth was SO creative in his paper ripping and placement, and i mastered the Mod Podge finally by the last letter, and Nicci sat and cheered us on while waving a clean paintbrush around...it was A BLAST! It was a little harder than we expected but very worth it!



Here are some of the letters we painted before we put the paper on.









The first 3 letters are awaiting their 4th coat of Mod Podge




Nicci cheering us on while dancing to 'Dora the Explorer'!










Drum Roll PLEASE...


TA DA!!! The letters are finished and look incredible!

12 comments:

Janssen said...

VERY cute! I wish I was more crafty. Alas.

Megan said...

I'm proud to be a part of that eternal family and that pose with Nicci at the end is priceless. Oh my goodness.

AnnEE said...

Hey Brandi- This is Anne, Ashley Clark's best friend. Anyway, I check in on your blog from time to time, and I MUST comment on those adorable letters. A few questions:

How did you figure out how to do it? Did you find it online? Did you use Cardstock, or the regular scrapbook paper? How did you make the paper fit the letters???

Ok, that's all for now. I SERIOUSLY want to copy you!!

Aly Porter said...

THanks! We love you guys so much too! ;) We should go camping sometime! It would be a blast! Man oh man, we miss you guys! You are the greatest! :)

Oh my gosh! That is sooo adorable! How long did it take you? I wanna make ryan do something like that with me! I already have scrapbooking paper too...all I need are the letters! That is such a great idea! We love you guys! So when can we come to VEGAS? Ry keeps bugging me about it...:) We really really wanna go!

Shelise said...

I love the letters. When I talk to you about the quilt you'll have to tell me a little bit about these. I love her hands at the end its like "ta-da"

Kellie Knapp said...

Those letters are ADORABLE!! Maybe we'll have to steal that idea for our next FHE!!!! SO CUTE!!!

We are... said...

Let me just echo everyone else! These are INCREDIBLE! What a great idea! You are so talented! I love Nicci at the end, too....she really is adorable as usual!

If you don't mind...you may end up with one more person copying your idea! How did you come up with that? SO CUTE!

Lindzie said...

Um...you may not be able to cook mac and cheese...but you are very creative! Wow! I might have to steal you idea...or at least a variation. Where are you planning on putting your letters? Just curious!

Ashley Clark said...

Cute! You guys are so clever. P.S. Are you prego?

Brandi Lyn said...

No! haha. We have a girl name and now we are just deciding on a boy name for the 'future'. :)

thegatewoodfamily said...

Oh my gosh Brandi! That project turned out so cute. Nicci is stinking cute! Oh and just as a side note I love your blonde hair..it just fits you.

Sammy said...

Those letters were SOO cute! You'll have to take a pic and show us where you hang them up!
Nicci is precious!