Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Seth!!

Last Thursday (January 10) was my dear husband's birthday!! He turned 24 years old; he's almost a quarter of a century! :) I'm a little late posting because we've been in Utah. We were in Salt Lake on Seth's b-day because Nicci had a Dr. appt. We found out everything looks good and she wont need another surgery for 2 years! It was a great birthday present for Seth to hear all was well with Nicci. After the Dr. appt we went out to 'Rodizio Grill' (a Brazilian Steakhouse) for Seth's birthday dinner with Mom, Dad, and Jeff. It was a blast!! It was so awesome for all of us to hear a bunch of stories from Seth's mission and taste a lot of the things he actually ate in Brazil, and it was so fun for Seth to relive some of those special memories from his mission. It was a very special dinner for all of us. :) The next day Seth and i went snowboarding at Brighton ALL day long- until 9:00pm! It rocked to say the least!! We had so much fun; it snowed the entire time we were there. Everytime we went up on the lift we would board down on fresh snow!! The craziest part of the day though was when the guy at the ticket window told Seth he didn't have to buy an 'adult' pass for his 'child'... yeah...Seth thought it was hilarious, but i was mildly irritated. The day after that (Saturday) we had a "football" day! It was so fun...We watched the Packers vs. Seahawks (we weren't so happy that the Packers won...grr...) but the MOST important game of the day was the Patriots vs. Jaguars and our Patriots came out undefeated once again!! It was awesome. Overall Seth had a wonderful birthday weekend!!

Here we are at Rodizio Grill!


Here is Seth with his favorite drink 'Guarana' and one of his favorite Brazilian sausages.

(he is so adorable...)







We had way too much fun on the lift rides! Seth had me laughing so hard i couldn't even keep my eyes open for this picture.


Funny Story: So we are riding along having a good ol' time and Seth says, "Oh look, lets go down there i think there's some awesome jumps!"...so i follow...Let's just say there were NO jumps...just a WHOLE lot of deep powder!! We got stuck and we had NO idea where we were at so we decided to bust out the camera and take some pictures to remember this very cold but hilarious moment!



Seth has his own snowboard but it wouldn't fit in our trunk. (Mine fit perfectly because i'm a midget, but his was a tad too long) We thought about putting it in the backseat but Seth didn't want to take the chance of getting into a car accident and having it hurt Nicci, so we decided to just rent him a board when we got there. Since it was his birthday we decided to rent him the newest and nicest board they had, "the Demo" and Seth LOVED it! It took all he had to take it back the next day! lol.



Last week we had Family Home Evening with our friends Dan & Amanda and they had a really fun activity planed. We were suppose to write down the first word or a phrase that came to our minds, starting with every letter in the alphabet, when thinking about our spouse. It was really fun and i thought since it was Seth's birthday it would be special to share my "A-Z Feelings" for my wonderful husband.


A- Ambitious
B- Brilliant mind
C- Comfy; Colorful personality
D- Determined; Darling dishwasher
E- Endures to the end
F- Father of the century; Forgiving; Family focused
G- Genuine; Gracious
H- Humble; Helper

I- Intimate
J- Joker
K- Kite lover
L- Like Grandpa Ras; Listener; Loving
M- Meditator; Manly
N- Never-ending smile
O- Optimistic about everything
P- Polite
Q- Quick to help
R- Rescuer
S- Sings me to sleep
T- Tender; Truthful
U- Underestimated for his potential
V- Valiant; Vivacious
W- Willing to serve; Wiper of tears
X- eXhilarating personality
Y- Yearning to learn (constantly)
Z- Zipper - he has his family zipped up inside his heart and remembers us in all he does.

Happy Birthday Sweetheart - I love you to the moon...& back again. :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Seth! and I would have to say that guarana is a very good drink I think we still have some from the honeymoon I should bring it over..haha

Janssen said...

Cute post! Happy Birthday, Seth! sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

Kellie Knapp said...

oh my stars... brandi,I'm SO sorry. Let me tell you a little bit about my sunday....grr.. Ok first of all I work up at 7 to get to church by nine, but lo and be hold we get there go in and sit in the chapel SECOND ROW because it's packed, hauling all of our baby gear, and it turns out we totally spaced the time change, so we get up and LEAVE about one minute later looking like IDIOTS. THEN we get home I couldn't fin my phone, but I swore I put it in my diaper bag, so We go to church at 11, come home searching the house and the car NO phone. So i was DEVASTATED that I couldn't get a hold of you! THen Sunday night we left to come up to SLC to babysit my cousins kids for 4 days, still no phone, but my mom got a call yesterday from someone saying they found a phone in the second row of the pews at church and was calling to get a hold of whoever it belonged to. So I'm stuck without my phone until thursday when I go home, PLEASE don't think I blew you off cause that is SO not the case...next time i'm there, or you are here we HAVE TO GET TOGETHER! Also I"m going to start duct taping my phone to my leg!!!

Cyndi said...

Okay okay that was really cute. I have to say that you all make a very sweet couple and all and dang I swear Brandi you are so freakin pretty! BUT HERE'S THE DEAL....THE CHARGERS ARE GOING TO WIN ON SUNDAY NO DOUBT! Oh and by the way, don't blink because you might miss your patriots getting SPANKED! love ya

AnnEE said...

I'm glad Nicci won't have to have another surgery for a while! That's great.

Those pictures look SOOOO cold!!!

Brandi Lyn said...

oh Cyndi cyndi...i feel so bad for you. If you don't start preparing yourself for the Chargers loss...not to mention the PATRIOTS going to the Super Bowl, it might be a little hard to handle on Sunday my dear. I love you sweetie and if there's anything i can do for you to soften the blow and nurse you back to health afterward...let me KNOW! :) MUhahahahahaha!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I had to laugh a little at the 'child' ticket comment! :)

Cyndi said...

Go to Wild Oats or what's that other place called ...oh yeah Trader Joes. They have these tablets that dissolve in the kids mouth and help with teething. You can use like ten or something like that a day. I wish I could remember what they are called. They work pretty good and they are supposed to be homeopathic I think. I also used halfway frozen celery sticks. It sounds so gross but I swear Emma liked them for awhile.

Dude! Um you are seriously going to have to eat your words come Sunday. There is no way your Patriots are going to win. The Chargers are not only way WAY over due for something great but they have got guys like LT and Gates and besides there is this one guy that plays defense his number is 97 and his name is Ryon Bingham....Thats right Bingham! Do you see where I am going with this. HE'S MORMON and he is in our ward. So you know the man upstairs in routing for Ryon. Where going to win because the big guy upstairs is on our side!
Love ya! Hehehhehehehehhhheeehhhhee

Brandi Lyn said...

oh dear. you're forgetting one important detail...The "big guy up stairs" ins't going to be on ANYONE'S side that is playing football on His day...Sunday. And ESPECIALLY not your precious Ryon Bingham because he should KNOW better as a member not to play on Sunday. I'm sorry Cyndi. The Chargers are sinking already and they haven't even begun to play... :(

Niels and Susie Jensen said...

what are you talking about looking like a drowned rat in snow pictures??!! Absolutely adorable.