Monday, March 24, 2008

Ah, Easter Time...

This Easter was so much fun. The week started out kinda shaky, Nicci was in the hospital for a little bit because she has been the ultimate definition of SICK. She had a temp of 105 and was vomiting & coughing pretty uncontrollably. Poor thing. So we spent the week dealing with an adorable sweet sick child, and trying NOT to get it so we could enjoy Easter! On Saturday morning she was doing lots better so we took her out shopping with us and she had a blast! Then we went to Mom & Dad's house (where we had all the Easter festivities all weekend long) and we colored eggs! This was the first time Seth & i have ever colored eggs together and it was the first Easter in 3 years that we've spent with Jeff! It rocked. The only thing was, half way through coloring eggs Nicci started to spike another fever (i think we wore her out too hard on her first day of recovery); but my wonderful Mom laid down with her and made her all comfy cozy while we finished our eggs. When we went home we put Nicci down and not long after we heard her throwing up in her bed...ALL OVER EVERYTHING. Once again, poor sweet thing. Needless to say she didn't go to church the next day. :( I stayed home with her and she slept forEVER. It was so good for her. By the time 4:00pm rolled around she had broke her fever and was doing lots better. (The Easter bunny even waited to come until she was feeling better) What a nice bunny. :) So we headed on over to Mom and Dad's for dinner and lots and lots of fun. Mom had decorated the house so beautifully with loads of Easter Lilies, lambs, and pictures of Christ. It was so special, our house is such a disaster being in the middle of moving, so it was so refreshing to enjoy Easter at Mom & Dad's. The Easter Bunny even found us at their house, once again...smart bunny! When Nicci walked in she saw what the Easter Bunny had brought her, and it was so fun to see her eyes light up and sparkle. We are so blessed with such a special little girl. We had such a special Easter, coloring eggs, discussing church over dinner, laughing, creating memories, reading scriptures about the atonement, and praying as a family...it was so wonderful. Easter is such a special time of year; we are so very grateful for our kind and loving Savior.

WARNING: There are A LOT of pictures. They were just SO cute we couldn't
choose!

Nicci is playing with my Easter basket i had growing up!
----Coloring Eggs----


-----And this is -US- in a nutshell-----


-----The Easter Bunny Came-----

Do you think Nicci likes Dora??

I think the Easter Bunny was aware of Jeff's Penguin obsession. :)

We got a basket too! It was lovely.


Nicci LOVED her new Radio Flyer wagon! She used to take rides in the hospital after her surgery in these wagons. She LOVED it. She also loves her new Dora nightgown & pillow...can you tell? :)


-----Eggs Eggs, & Nicci's first Easter Egg Hunt-----


Nicci & Mom made an egg together...SO CUTE!

We had a contest for the "Best Colored/Most Creative Egg" and Dad was the judge. It's NO surprise that Seth won! He made a "Nicci & Jeff" egg. Most of you know that Nicci has an absolute crush on Jeff, and always gets so giddy around him. Seth has an amazing artistic ability and he captured them both SO well on eggs that there was NO hesitation...Seth was the winner!!


Nicci is starting her Egg Hunt!!

We had such a wonderful Easter. It was so special to spend the weekend with family. We love you Mom, Dad, & Jeff!
Happy Easter!

13 comments:

stout family said...

I had no idea Nicci was so sick...I am so sorry! Having a sick kid is never fun! Glad to hear she is doing better. Your Easter festivities look great! Looks like you had fun! If you guys need help with ANYTHING please let us know!!!!

Ashley Clark said...

Looks like so much fun! I look forward to holidays with kids for this very reason. By the way, is Nicci a lefty?

Brianna said...

I love how little kids can be so happy finding eggs in the middle of the floor. It helps you remember that the small things are the most important and loved. And I must say that you have quite the artists in your family. A Dora egg, how creative! Hope you had a fantastic Easter.

Brandi Lyn said...

I don't know if Nicci is a lefty. We are both right handed so i don't know how that would happen...come to think about it though, she always uses her left hand. I guess time will tell!

Jamie Simms said...

She is so adorable!! It's so much fun when they start to understand all of the holidays!! I hope you're all feeling well and healthy. How's the new house coming along?

BrittWilk said...

Nicci's "cheese" smile is so hilariously cute! I love how little girls learn to pose for pictures whether you teach them too or not. Too cute!

Shelise said...

This was a fun post. I love her little jammies. Isnt is so nice to have family in town? It makes the holidays so much more fun. I cant wait until Hudson is old enough to actually understand whats going on. Also, im glad shes feeling better. It must have been pretty bad if she had to be at the hospital. No fun. So when do you guys move in to the new house?

ps im currently working on my easter post so hopefully it will be up soon. better late than never right?

Cyndi said...

You "ARE" so funny! I love the idea you gave me. I should go around and pass out CTR rings to everyone in the grocery store! Thanks for the idea!

Lindsay said...

I hope Nicci's feeling better and she didn't pass on anything to you or your family! It's not fun having a sick kid, but that's good she was well enough to enjoy Easter! All of the pictures were very cute... I understand why you put them all up! It looks like you had a great holiday with awesome baskets, beautiful dyed eggs, and a wonderful family! Oh, and I don't think we'll be moving to St. George anytime soon! We definitely should get together for dinner!

Jason said...

I love your posts! They are so cute, your daughter is the cutest girl ever! I love looking at pictures of her. :D I'm glad you had such a great Easter!

thegatewoodfamily said...

lol I just found out how to read when I get comments and how to make comments. Your family is so cute I always get onto your blog and think... "gosh they are such a cute family" I was laughing at all the Dora stuff Nicci got...oh goodness! I am trying really hard to find out how to do more with my blog, but being 8 months prego I have no patience. It sounds like you and your family had a great Easter, besides your little one being sick. Happy late Easter!

Anonymous said...

Brandi, You guys are soooo cute! I am sooo glad I was able to meet and talk to you tonight! Please keep in touch.

The Calvert Family said...

Hey Brandi, this is the Calverts. Just thought we would say hi.