Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Day We Knew...

We were so busy painting our house yesterday i didn't have five seconds to sit down at the computer and quickly write about the significance of the day 3 years ago (March 10, 2005). We are painting our house still...as we speak...but Seth gave me a 10 min blogging break! :) Yesterday (March 10) it had been 3 years since Seth and i had been together. It was really fun to sit and remember that amazing day and look at everything we have been through together since then. If someone would have told us that 3 years from then we would have the most amazing little girl and be painting our very own home, i think we would have passed out! Here is how that amazing day, 3 years ago, unfolded...
I was going to school at UNLV and had a couple hours break in between classes, so i went to the Institute to play some ping pong. While playing a very fun round of 'Around the World' i pulled a muscle in my back; i could hardly breathe, it hurt so bad! I went into one of the offices and laid down on the couch hoping to feel better for my next class. Well, I didn't feel any better when class time rolled around so i called my mom and talked to her for a while and told her about my back.... (ok a little bit of background is needed for me to continue with the story... 29 days previous Seth had returned home from his mission. We had seen each other occasionally at the Institute because his Dad worked there, but we hadn't really spoken since before his mission. (We have a complicated past...) We talked a little bit about his mission, but that's about it. There was this awkward tension and yet neither one of us could keep from smiling when we'd see each other! :) ... As i sat there talking to my mom, the office door was open and Seth walked in! All of a sudden all the words in my head went kind of fuzzy. Seth asked me if i was ok, and we talked for a minute. Then when he got up to leave he turned to me and asked, "Can i talk to you?" Right then i remembered i was suppose to babysit for one of my friends, and she was bringing the child to the Institute because of my back. I told him as soon as i was through babysitting we could talk. I mustered up all the strength i had and stood up to go find my friend. All the while i was watching this little girl (in a laying down position, lol) Seth never left the room. :) After a couple hours one of my guy friends came in the room and we kinda started flirting for a bit and he asked me to go to dinner with him that night. (i know, i was a complete brat!!) I told him 'yes' and as i continued flirting I saw Seth walk out the door. I literally hobbled after him. When i finally caught up to him he was a little upset, but tried to hide it. (it was so cute) I convinced him that there's no place i'd rather be than right there talking to him. SO we walked outside and i found a comfortable position on the ground and we talked. We talked for hours about literally everything. It was amazing. Before we realized it, we were holding hands and laughing as if we had been together forever. After about 10 long hugs goodbye he asked me if he could take me home (i was in no condition to drive! My back was killing me) so i said yes. When we got to my house he walked me up to the door and i went to say goodbye and he said, "I want to go in and see your mom, i haven't seen her in forever!" I just about passed out...(My mom always just adored Seth, and i was sure the excitement of seeing him would just about kill her...) SO i unlocked the door and went inside and my little brother was watching TV. He just about died when he saw Seth. He jumped up and they immediately started talking away! I went to find my mom and she was laying down. I went in her room and she asked me how i was feeling and everything, and then i told her..."Seth Rasmussen is here..." I have NEVER seen my mom jump up so fast! We immediately started laughing and giggling like little school girls as i tried to give her every detail of the day as fast as i could! We finally went back out into the family room and Seth and my mom got all caught up. Afterwards Seth said that he was going to hang out with a bunch of his friends and he wanted me to go with him. I had a date with someone else though. What was i going to do? Well duh! I called and canceled my date...(there's a lot more to the story but i won't bore you with details)...and my mom pumped me full of Ibuprofen for my back, and away we went. It was such a fun night, i don't think it could have gone any more amazing. The whole night we invented hundreds of ways to hold hands secretly but by the end of the night it was no secret...we were in love. :) March 10 will always be special to us...it was such a random day filled with so many emotions, and yet it was the day we both knew that together is where we wanted to be, forever. The month of March 2005 holds some of our favorite memories...maybe i'll share a few in the next couple of weeks! :) Now...back to painting!

11 comments:

Sherrelle said...

How fun!!! March 10th is such a great day two years ago on March 10th RJ and I got engaged so it is special to me too... Good luck painting I know how tedious it can be but it is well worth it in the end.

Sammy said...

Aww good post! I love to hear about everyone's courtships. Have fun painting.

Brianna said...

Brandi-
I'm so glad that you don't think I'm a freak! We put in an offer right when we saw it. It is an absolutely beautiful home. But we pulled our offer when we found out that Jared's (my husband) work was moving their office. So, we're still looking, but we're looking over by the 215 and Rainbow (southwest). You'll definately have to post pictures of your place when you have it all painted. How's Nicci liking her new home? Where were you living before if this is your first time buying?

Anonymous said...

Honey,
I love the post. March 10th is one of the greatest days in the history of us. I cant believe how far we have come from that wonderful day. I am so grateful for the Lord's ever watchful hand that lead us to each other. I love you more than ever. You are the best!!!!!
Love,
Your HUB.

Erica said...

What a cute story! I love it! And, I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up while I was down there. We will need to sometime- for sure!!

Becca said...

I'm glad you guys found each other too. You are such a dynamic couple. You guys are so cute together and are so much fun to hang out with. We love you guys!!!

Lindsay said...

How sweet! Like Sammy, I love hearing about how people met too!

Congrats on your house again, and have fun painting and decorating!I hope you enjoy your cute neighborhood... we lived in Sommerville in Anthem Highlands.

BrittWilk said...

I've never heard your story and always wondered how you two got together... and the story was well worth the wait! Hearing about husbands and wives who really love each other gives me warm fuzzies. I wish there were lots more in this icky world! Little Nicci is so lucky to have parents who are so dedicated to each other.

MY LITTLE DANTIES said...

YOUR LITTLE FAMILY IS SOOOOO CUTE. I STILL REMEMBER THAT CHRISTMAS BALL WE ALL WENT TO AND YOU WERE SO EXCITED TO GO WITH SETH!!!! WE ALL THOUGHT HE WAS SUCH AN AWESOME GUY!!! ITS SO GREAT TO SEE THE LORD BLESS US WITH TRUE HAPPINESS IN OUR LIVES CALLED HUSBANDS. THEY DRIVE US CRAZY BUT THEN WE FIND OURSELVES CRAZY IN LOVE WITH THEM TOO. OHHHH WOW I THINK IM TEARING UP!!!!

Brandi Lyn said...

haha, i love you. You know the FUNNIEST part about that whole thing is that everyone THOUGHT we went to that ball together, but we didn't! I went with Sean remember? We both kinda drifted away from our dates and ended up together. lol. (Gosh i love him...) Those are such fun memories. He asked me to the dance but i had already said yes to Sean and i wouldn't cancel. It was a hilarious situation. You and Amelia gave me a hard time if you remember right. Gosh, we've gotta get together and take a trip down memory lane!

familyof4 said...

Are you guys living in Anthem? My dad is the bishop of the Anthem Ward and they live in the Country Club! I LOVE visiting their ward, so if you happen to be in it I hope you like it was much as I do.