Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patty's Day - UPS Style

It's been a while since Seth & I got all dressed up and went out, and we've forgotten how much fun it is! Last night we took one of Seth's clients (a husband & wife that are both part owners of the company) out to eat at Hugo's Cellar and it was a fun, but interesting experience. I've never eaten at Hugo's Cellar and so when we got there, i was a bit surprised. You walk downstairs into the restaurant and it feels like you're eating dinner in a wine cellar. It was interesting. As you walk in they hand all the ladies fresh long stem red roses and you get to put them in a vase while you eat, and then after dinner you get to take it home. (I love roses so i was very excited about this!) Before dinner Seth explained to me that this would probably not be a dinner that i'm used to because it was business, and so at times it might not feel like a warm & fuzzy meal. I didn't think anything of it. Well, after 3 very LONG hours of listening to this woman and Seth go over and over what kind of service is expected from UPS and more, i had lost complete feeling in my legs, my neck was throbbing from holding it in a proper position, and my back was aching so bad i was convinced i would never walk again!! However, i just sat there gaining more and more respect for my husband as he handled this lady like a CHAMP! I was shocked at how well he did business with her and how he ultimately made her VERY happy in the end. Seth loves to care for his clients and gives them the best service he can, and last night i could see his love for doing so. I didn't talk all that much unless i was trying to make conversation outside of UPS once in a while, but i did add a little bit of entertainment to lighten the mood a bit! They made our salads right in front of us and asked us what we wanted on it. They asked me if i wanted Anchovies, and i realized i had never tasted one. So i voiced the fact and our waiter gave me a HUGE piece of it to try. I didn't think to cut it up...oh no, instead i put the ENTIRE thing in my mouth. That's right. I did it too fast for anyone to stop me...and then i realized what i had done. I seriously thought i was going to throw up right in front of Seth's big clients. I grabbed my glass of water as everyone was hysterically laughing and i swallowed it...i did it quite graceful actually. lol. It was terrible! But the couple thought it was very funny and very "BRAVE" of me to do. So it all worked out great in the end, i will just never, as long as i live, eat another Anchovy!

To sum up the evening- getting all dressed up together was a lot of fun, the couple we took out were pleasantly interesting and i feel like i learned a lot from them, dinner was way too expensive for the quality of food (i'd much rather of been eating my Dad's steak and my Mom's Orange Glazed Beets), i gained a whole new respect for my Seth and his job (he literally rocks at what he does and seems to love every minute of it), next time we go out for a business dinner i might request we get a booth rather than hard chairs, i loved getting a rose at dinner, and the best part of all- i fell even more in love with my sweet hard working husband as i took a little glimpse into the world he lives in while i'm at home with our adorable daughter everyday.
It was fun. It was different. And i loved it.

Happy St. Patty's Day

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey you were such a CHAMP going to this diner with me. It was definitely the best business meal I have ever had because you were right next to me the whole time. I love you honey. I look forward to having more experiences like this one. I love working hard for our little family but this was so amazing and really brought the focused picture of the reason I leave early every morning and some days coming home late. You are worth every minute of work. Thanks again for being a part of such a major part of my life. I am blessed to have such a beautiful woman by my side. I love you!!!

Unknown said...

SOunds like you had a blast!! and I am so excitted you have a car! its about time!! lol Have fun go everywhere even if you just drive in circles lol!

Sammy said...

You guys are such a cute couple. You have no idea how much I appreciate your love and support. And it does mean that much more knowing y'all have been in our shoes but on a much larger scale. I've been wanting to call you randomly to chat this week but I didn't save your number in my phone. Will you email it to me? I keep telling David stories about you & Seth and he's like so are you and her really good friends or what? And all I could say is that I wish we lived closer because we're just blogging buddies!

Anonymous said...

You guys are such a gorgeous couple. I've never seen two people so in love and so right for each other. I hope when I find my Mr. Right that we are best friends like you two. I also hope that after I have children I'm half as hott as you are, Brandi!

PS. You're story is the best I have ever heard. You guys are like a fairytale.

~Steph

Ashley Clark said...

Even if the meeting was LONG and boring, it's kinda nice to get all dressed up once in a while, right?

Brandi Lyn said...

Oh YEAH. It was absolutely amazing! The dinner actually turned out 'not so bad', i really enjoyed watching Seth in action. :) But i loved getting all dressed up, going out, AND NOT worrying about someone's cute little sticky hands getting in my hair or on my pants! lol.

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

I love the fact that you got to keep the rose! I would definitely be no good at a business dinner so good job! I love your green shirt :)

Lindsey B

Cynthia said...

hey I don't know how often you check this but we are doing a BBQ tomorrow (SAT) out in GV I was hoping you guys could come e-mail me if you get this.

cyndyloo73@yahoo.com

Oh I spell it CYNDY!

Stacie said...

Way to go Seth! Brandi, you look absolutely lovely! I'm glad you found my blog, I think this will be fun. By the way, your house is GORGEOUS!!

The Kyles said...

Hey, I'm glad you guys had an amazing dinner! :D I did my headline on photoshop, it is really easy if you have the software, and you can find tons of backgrounds online. Let me know if you have more questions!!

familyof4 said...

My Dad is Bishop Paul Howarth. Yep! The ward is huge but I'm sure it will be splitting soon. My dad always makes an effort to welcome new families into the ward so I'm sure you''ll meet him soon! My daughter Taylor has been to their nursery and she does great, I'm sure Nicci will too!

Lindsay said...

You guys are a such an adorable couple, and you look beautiful as always! Thanks for my update reminder! Sometimes I just get so into reading and commenting on everyone else's blogs that I don't get around to posting on my own!