Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn...

Let's me explain TWO things before i begin. I am a Twilight FREAK. :) I am also team Edward all the way and can't seem to comprehend anything different. Those of you who are team Jacob out there i would really like for you to leave me a comment explaining WHY. :) I'm very intrigued!

After i finished reading all 7 Harry Potter books everyone was begging me to read the Twilight series. When i heard the word Vampires i was suddenly NON interested to say the least. Time went on. One day i was itching for a good book to read so i decided to give it a try...4 days later ALL 3 books were read and i had morphed into a Twilight FREAK. I've dreamed about Bella and i am completely and utterly fascinated by this love story. Yesterday (Aug 2) at 12:01am i was one of the crazed fans freaking out as the 5,4,3,2...1 countdown began for the final book...Breaking Dawn...to grace my presence!


Me and my good friend Emily :)

We saw our other friend Meleah and she had decorated her CAR all Twilight crazy...it was pretty awesome.

So we took pictures...OF COURSE. :)

THE COUNTDOWN!
(We were making fun of the girls that were seriously crying. lol.)

Thanks to Seth going and standing in line earlier that day to get us tickets we were first in line to buy the book! (Thank you honey!) So after we bought the book we couldn't help but start reading the first chapter right then and there. :)


And then we proceeded to literally drive an entire hour trying to find a darn Denny's (you wouldn't think it was that hard but every one we found was either not there anymore or oddly closed) We eventually found one and we got a Banana Split and a Carmel Apple Crisp and read the book to each other for a very long time. After we got tired of Denny's we went back to Emily's house and read some MORE until 7am! Let me just say this...Breaking Dawn is amazing...

When i returned home
(around 7am) i went into Nicci's room to check on her and she wasn't there. So i figured she was sleeping with Seth. So i turned around to go to our bedroom and i saw this...

Nicci was sleeping in our doorway waiting for mommy to get home! It was the sweetest thing i've ever seen. When i scooped her up she looked at me and said, " Mommy! You back!" Life could not get any sweeter than this. :)

20 comments:

AnnEE said...

I'm on page 460. Renesmee? Seriously? Worst name ever. I'm having a really hard time getting past that.

Lindzie said...

Nicci is so cute! She must have missed you alot!

Stacie Morris said...

I agree with Annee, Renesmee? Ugh! Anyway, I must admit I'm a Jacob fan- just go to your kitchen counters and press your lips onto it in total make-out mode. Yep, "like kissing cold marble" should TOTALLY come to mind. Meleah and I have gone into hysterical conversations over this issue and it boils down to this: Edward- tall, slender, light-colored hair, very refined; Jacob- big, hairy, warm, a little on the rough side...yea, I TOTALLY married my Jacob!

Brandi Lyn said...

Really?! I see it this way: I can't stand the immaturity and selfishness of Jacob. Edward truly LOVES her to the very highest degree of selflessness. He is a real man who's world literally revolves around Bella and never himself. I can't handle the attitude of baby Jacob. As far as physical goes i do agree with you...BUT she's going to be hard as marble...and will be with him FOREVER. So i don't see the physical as being important. Personality wins 100%. How he acts and treats her is way more important than whether he's hot or cold. :) I feel like i married my Edward!

And i must be WEIRD because i LOVE Renesmee. LOL. I think it is so unique and beautiful. So far i think i'm the only one. lol.

Alexis Treese said...

well arent you quite the detective ;)
Im totally Team Edward, that car is hilarious...Bite her already! HAHA

AnnEE said...

Edward is freakishly possessive. But, after book 2 of Breaking Dawn, I think it gets way better. Renesmee. I can't believe you like it. All day long I've been dying.

Anonymous said...

OK, I have to say Brandi, The picture of you with your thumb down with the words "Jacob who" hurt my feelings. I took personal offense to it. Just kidding. I havent ever read the books, but I hope Jacob wins in the end. With a name like that, how can he not?

Unknown said...

YOu guys are so funny I lovew the pictures of you making fun trying to cry lol..and nicci is so sweet i love her! =) I didnt know you all were late night owls! love it! I need to start reading those books.

Kip and Lindsay said...

So sweet! It is always nice to know how loved you are as a mommy. What a sweet thing!

Savanna and Billy said...

Oh my gosh. I love the books too. My sisters got my hooked. My husband knows the author pretty well. She was in his area on his mission. Pretty crazy.

Brandi Lyn said...

Anne: WHAT?! (once again) give me one example of Edward being possesive?? He lets her see Jacob WHENEVER. (Which 99.9% of guys would say 'heck no' to that) Shoot he's practically living with them. And everthing is always about what SHE wants and how she feels...how is that possessive?? I think it's utterly romantic. :) :)

Lindsay said...

Yeah for Team Edward!! I just started reading the book today, and I was nearly falling asleep in the book two part, where it's Jacob telling the story. I just wanted it to be over because I was tired of him (except for the parts involving Edward and Bella). I had to stop reading since Sandler woke up pretty crabby from his nap, and I'll have to finish reading it later, and get to the Renesmee part? I'm guessing that's what she names the baby. Dang it, this is why I should have stayed away from the internet until I was done with the book!!
And in response to your comment about getting together, I agree! We need to make it happen soon! We should do dinner or something!
And the other comment about the cooking classes... I'm definitely considering it since I haven't had any kids sign up!

Unknown said...

I'm glad someone else is as dorky as I am. HAHA.

I think the whole thing is dysfunctional, but this book was better. I'm feeling alright about all the relationships now.

thegatewoodfamily said...

Oh good grief I am so addicted! I totally dream about it too. Mu husband makes fun of me and I just laugh and ask if we can go legally change his name to Edward...I don't think he totally understands, but I DO! I am 100% all the way team Edward! I am on page 660 and plan on finishing it today while Bindi is napping! I was thinking I was the only one who had literally fallen in love with the characters in this book. Jokingly of course I asked Brandon if we could name our next baby Renesmee and he looked at me like I was crazy... of course I was kidding, but he didnt think it was funny!

thegatewoodfamily said...

Oh good grief I am so addicted! I totally dream about it too. Mu husband makes fun of me and I just laugh and ask if we can go legally change his name to Edward...I don't think he totally understands, but I DO! I am 100% all the way team Edward! I am on page 660 and plan on finishing it today while Bindi is napping! I was thinking I was the only one who had literally fallen in love with the characters in this book. Jokingly of course I asked Brandon if we could name our next baby Renesmee and he looked at me like I was crazy... of course I was kidding, but he didnt think it was funny!

Janssen said...

Totally Team Jacob here. I like Edward, particularly in the first two books, but Eclipse changed me firmly into the other camp. He's just so honest and straight-forward. I get sick of Edward's constant hovering; he's like a little old grandmother. Jacob tells it like it is, isn't afraid to ask for what he wants, and is a little snarky while doing it. And I? cannot resist the snarky. Plus, Jacob is not dead.

Brandi Lyn said...

Taly: I'm 100% with you. I asked Seth if i could change our dog's name to Bella and he just laughed. lol. I still can't comprehend the whole Jacob thing. He's just so childish. The third book is changing my feelings SLIGHTLY...but not much. Seth has started reading Twilight and he really likes it. I've asked him the SAME THING Taly.."can i call you Edward"?? LOL. I love it.

Jensen Family said...

Now that's what I call child neglect...jk I did the same thing!!! I read all night and Travis new I would be checked out for the whole next day...sadly I finished reading it for the second time yesterday (yes I know I have issues!)!!!

Stephanie Collins said...

TEAM EDWARD forever!!!! Are you finished yet??? :) Scott and I both finished this week. Yes, Scott!! HeHe...I got him hooked too. How sweet is the picture of Nicci...awww.

Angie Larkin said...

Oh my goodness! You guys are too much! Maleah's care was hilarious! 7 am?! That is dedication! I was sick on the couch with my pregnancy reading about Bella barfing with her pregnancy...talk about living the book. What a fun post! You should come to the breaking dawn party at Sam Kilber's on the 28th! Call Ashley Stout for details! Oh, and that cheeseburger with two candles was the funnniest.